This course is for teachers of English working with very young learners, children from 3 to 6 years old. In most cases they will be in pre-primary education.
Throughout the course, you will reflect on how language-related activities develop the whole child, socially, emotionally, cognitively, physically and in terms of communication and creative development.
This course will cover the following areas:
- The principles of early childhood language education
- Child development theories and good practice in pre-primary, or kindergarten, contexts
- Classroom management and setting up routines
- Selecting and using music, song, rhyme and rhythm
- The sequencing of activities and games
- Selecting, adapting and using stories
- Developing mathematical concepts through English
- Keeping records and looking at progression
- Submitting a project plan for tutor for feedback
This course will extend your understanding and critical awareness of:
- How small children learn
- Developing the whole child through English
- Managing small children
- Planning sequenced, well-balanced lessons
- Integrating music, song, rhyme and rhythm into the pre-primary classroom
- The role stories play in language learning
- Mathematical concepts as an integral part of an activity
- Different approaches to record keeping and understanding progression
- How to create a unit of work for a pre-primary English class
There are eight units. In the first one you will get to know the course, the learning platform, your tutors and the other participants. In the next six units you will explore the principles of early childhood language education in relation to young children learning languages.
In unit 8 you will prepare for your final assessed project, which will help you put everything you have learnt about teaching English in pre-primary education into practice.
Who should apply:
For those teachers without a recognised national/international teaching qualification and/or minimal experience.
How to apply:
1/ click here download form REGISTER.
2/ Fill form and sent mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
3/ We'll contact you for the support.